- The Boring Dayjob (I write at home for a university medical school)
- Teaching Sticky Little Chilluns to Point Their Feet (I’m a ballet teacher.)
- Writing Songs (I think I wrote or cowrote 11 in the last month.)
- Going to Song Gatherings (Critique sessions, rounds, etc.)
- Socializing (This has become very important to me due to my delightful friends.)
- Working on my Metal Detecting Record (SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!)
- Digging Dirt (I think you are not surprised.)
|This is so very not gold.|
|Just the handle, sadly. So pretty.|
|This beautiful bell is very old. Also very broken.|
But it is one of my favorite finds of all time.
|I love digging Catholic medals.|
And let us not forget the 1980s 10 yen
coin that was near the Catholic medals.
|Still dirty. That spoon part is massive.|
|Cincinnati, after a bath in some electric soup. Not|
sure what this is. Ideas?
|Cool find! Not sure what it is... some kind of strap clip?|
|Bummer. Cool, old brass ring thing with|
giant tree root going right through it.
I know my limits.
(Wait a minute: is this vaguely pornographic?
No! It's not. Stop it.)
(One other interesting item: I noticed that as I dug, a couple of robins were watching me carefully. They followed me from hole to hole, looking for worms in the black moist dirt I’d turned up. Wrote a song about it.)
|Yup. Curtis. A Curtis key. Welcome to Nashville, Laura Curtis.|
|Pretty sure this is a clasp from a trunk or|